Wednesday, August 7, 2013

First Experience of Relaxing Rituals at Aveda Experience Center 1Utama

I think it was slightly more than one month ago. I went to 1Utama for some errands and passed by the new Aveda Experience Center at the new wing. So, Aveda has opened its second Experience Center in Malaysia!! Great!! But I didn't pop in that time because I was rushing to somewhere else....


Then about one week after, I saw the Aveda Welcome Gift specially for Street Love readers...aww, so I now have 'excuse' to drop by the Aveda Experience Center at 1Utama  V(=^ω^=)v

Image credit: Street Love

The welcome gift consists of: 1 Tea Ritual, 1 Hair Consultation, 1 Stress Relieving Hand Ritual and 1 Aveda sample hair product...There's even a GWP offer....Very generous of Aveda isn't it?  :D :D

When I reached there I showed the staff there the above voucher (printed)...then I was ushered to the wooden table and chair at the centre...while waiting the staff to come to me (there were other customers at that time), I looked around the little shop and wow...there were so many hair care products, each with its own special purpose and designated function...and all are botanical and organic too!!


I was then served a cup of Aveda Comforting Tea...The tea was a caffeine-free tea with a blend of some herbal ingredients and peppermint-like taste, for relaxing and soothing...but erm...personally I don't really like the taste lah, haha...   ヘ(´o`)ヘ


While sipping on the tea, one of the 2 staff there, Richard, started the hair and scalp analysis with me... Richard asked me some questions about my hair, and ticked my answer on a QnA chart...after the QnA, Richard briefly explained to me about my hair conditions, and recommended which Aveda products suitable for me that can address my concerns (my hair concerns have always been consistently being too fine, flat and losing hair...you can see my 'bald' head at the recent StriVectin tea party)...He also scanned my scalp with a special scanner; well, my scalp is quite ok with a little dandruff that possibly block the pores that prevent hair growth...hmm....   (●´∀`●)

Recommended products for thinned hair:
L: Pure Abundance™ Volumizing Shampoo to lift fine hair up and fill it out, and 
R: Pure Abundance™ Volumizing Clay Conditioner to boost hair volume, 
so that hair looks fuller, feels thicker and stays more abundant

Recommended products for hair loss:
L: Invati™ Thickening Conditioner to restore strength and improve hair elasticity and to reduce breakage, and 
M: Invati™ Exfoliating Shampoo to remove the build-up of sebum and product residue that can clog pores and to renew the scalp, and
R: Invati™ Scalp Revitalizer to help energize and rehabilitate the scalp around the follicles when massaged in.
The Aveda Invati™ System is proven to reduce hair loss by 33% in a clinical test.

Richard then ushered me to the hair styling table...ok, I was supposed to receive the Stress Relieving Hand Ritual, but I think Richard has mixed up with the The Lilac Box offer (The Lilac Box was collaborating with Aveda for Welcome Gift too, and it was Hair Styling Ritual instead of Stress Relieving Hand Ritual)...but it's ok lah, I don't really mind anyway....


Richard asked whether I want a straight hair style or a curly hair style...Knowing my hair is very hard to curl, I opted for straight hair style... Before Richard blew my hair, he applied the Smooth Infusion™ Style-prep Smoother on my hair. This product is to prepare the hair for styling so that the styling is faster and easier...

L: Smooth Infusion Style-prep Smoother
R: Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener


After the hair blowing done, Richard then applied some Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener on my hair...This product is to protect hair from heat styling...it also helps deliver all day straightness and shine for the hair...So the 'hair ironing' begun...



Guess Richard didn't forget about my hair concern -- flat hair (⌒▽⌒)☆  He sprayed some Volumizing Tonic™ with Aloe, to help create some volume for my hair...




Am I cute? (✿◠‿◠)

Blow dry again...


Done!!!

Richard then briefly and lightly brushed my hair with the Aveda Wooden Paddle Brush...this brush creates a relaxing scalp massage and helps to reduce stress to hair and scalp during blow-drying and styling.


Before leaving, Richard gave me a 10ml- Smooth Infusion™ Conditioner...this conditioner moisturizes hair and can reduces frizz and unwanted wave...I have yet to try this though  (︶ω︶)


I also managed to take a picture of this setup for the Stress Relieving Hand Ritual  :P :P


Aveda was then promoting on the Invati™ System...the products were arranged neatly at display rack...


Went to Starbucks thereafter...Look!! My hair was straighter, smoother, and no more frizzy hair...Overall, I enjoyed my first experience with Aveda and have since have the good impression on Aveda...Oh btw, I have just attended the exclusive Street Love x Aveda Hair Pampering Day...Stay tune for my updates   (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to share? I'd love to hear from you (^-^*)/

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...