Friday, September 6, 2013

Bag of Love August Edition: Make Me Happy!

The Bag of Love for August is a bit special - it comes with a book...talk about Beauty with Brain!! When Mi Mi announced this in the Bag of Love FB page, I thought it was a good idea to encourage the reading habit...it has been quite some time since I last read a book, ever since the internet and iPad dominated most of my leisure time...So yeah, I welcomed this concept with an open heart and waiting to experience the difference, lol.... ヽ(´ー`)ノ 


The Bag of Love August is also special because it is the first bag where for every bag subscribed, RM1 will go into the Bag of Love charity fund. This initiative is in conjunction with the 6th month annversary of Bag of Love (woah, 6 months already??!!)  I'm so glad that I'm part of the notable move, hehe...  (*^▽^*)


Let's talk about the bag itself first...Honestly, I'm not really fond of bags with cartoon drawings on it...So I was not too pleased when I saw the bag design in the Bag of Love FB page...but when I got hold of the bag, it turns out that the bag is quite a good quality one... so never mind the cartoon drawing, as long as the quality is good (*^3^)


The greeting card...Mi Mi in hot air balloon!! A happy theme indeed!!! (who feel sad when is on hot air balloon?) 


And at the flip of the greeting card is the list of the products in Bag of Love August, with a brief instruction on how to use. Appreciate this little details at all time!!


Now, let's get to the main content of the bag... ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ)


1) Johnson's Body Care Oxygen Fresh Gel Lotion, 100ml, Full-size


When I saw Johnson's in the brand list for August, I sort of knowing that it would be the new gel lotion. One good thing about Bag of Love; you get to try the latest product which is relatively new in the market lol...I hoped I guessed wrongly, but my guess was correct, ouch >.< I got exactly the same thing from the Butterfly Project Spa Party...either I keep both, or I give away one...


2) Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina EDT, 1.5ml and Acqua Essenziale EDT, 1.5ml


I mentioned during the Bag of Love May review that I'm not really fond of perfume, but I have plenty of vials in my collection...And like Johnson's, when I saw Salvatore Ferragamo in the August brand list, I had a feeling it must be the Signorina vial...and my gut feeling turns out to be reality  (T.T)  It was also exactly the same vial I got from the Butterfly Project Spa Party...The other vial, Acqua Essenziale is for men, so... (;-_-)


3) Lierac Luminescence Serum, 8ml


This brand is still new in Malaysia, and the first counter is at Robinsons at The Gardens Mall...and this serum is so costly omg....this trial size 8ml is approximately RM79++  Expensive must be good and effective right? Haha, excited to try this out  ^_^


 4) Saxby Nail Lacquer, 0.5oz (approx. 14.79ml), Full-size


While I love nail art, I do not really have the time to color my nails at home...so when I received this nail polish, I was like ----> (一。一;;)  Didn't I just got a nail polish in the July bag?? Anyway, do you know that the Saxby Nail Lacquer comes in 99 funky and unique colors!! It comes in two ranges: the Classic Matte range (non-glossy and matte finish) and the Glitter Sandy (rough and sandy texture finish). Mine is glitter purple (code: 120)


5) Himalaya Purifying Neem Pack, 15ml


I have always wanted to try Himalaya products... I have heard of many good review of Himalaya especially on the hair care products, and best is this brand is absolutely affordable... So upon knowing Himalaya would be in August bag I was thrilled....and the thrill doubled when the trial size received is a product meant to prevents outbreak and recurrence of pimples  (ノ≧∀≦)ノ I'm so gonna to put it on test soon :D


6) L'Oreal Professional Liss Ultime Smoothing Masque, 75ml


This product is expected, since the shampoo from the same range is in the July bag...I mentioned in my Bag of Love May post that hair masque is relatively new to me, so this would be my good try and test product ^_^ Some may lament why keep getting L'Oreal Liss Ultime from beauty boxes lol but not for me coz I only have Bag of Love in my subscription ;-)


7) BONUS A: Juice  Works buy 1 free 1 voucher


I love Juice Works!! So this voucher is great!!!


8) BONUS B: Confessions of a Shopaholic novel


I watched the movie before, but never read the book...Excited to start reading again :P

Now let's estimate the value of the August Bag of Love:


So do you like the August Bag of Love?

I would say, this bag is ok, but is not my best bag....some products are appealing to me, e.g. the Himalaya pimple purifier,  Lierac serum and L'Oreal Professional hair masque...the rest however, is either I have owned it or it is so 'not-me'...but the concept of having a book that comes together with the bag signifies that beauty and brain blend well together :D


So does the August bag make me happy? In my position, I got to say, not really...well, maybe just me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to share? I'd love to hear from you (^-^*)/

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...